- Adaptive Technology (22)
- In this category you find links to wide range of web sites on the Internet, where you can find information about products and services for the sight impaired
- Audio Books (1)
- Don't need your eyes, but your ears to read a book. Here you
find books in audio.
- Blogs (4)
- Blogs on accessibility issues.
- Bulletin Boards and Forums (5)
- Here you find Bulletin Boards and Discussion Forums, where visually impaired people share files, information and experiences.
- Contact lens and Reading Glasses (7)
- Information about contact lenses, reading glasses and places where you can get them
- Deaf and Hearing Impaired (1)
- Here you find links to information about deafness and hearing impaired. Including links to information about blind and deaf.
- Download Software (108)
- Here you can download:
- demos of professional screen magnifiers
- Freeware and shareware screen magnifiers
- Alternative mouse pointers
- Screen readers
- Text-To-Speech software
- Other usefull programs
- E-Books (4)
- Electronic Books or E-Books are books that are published online on the Internet or that you can download or oder on CD-ROM. A lot of these books are free.
You can read these books by using a Text-To-Speech program, your screen reader, reading software or if you are not sight impaired, without any special software.
In this category you can find and suggest links to sites on the Internet with the best E-Books.
- Eye diseases (9)
- Links to sites on the Internet where you can find information about eye diseases including sites that can support you
- GPS (1)
- Global Positioning System (GPS) for the visually impaired to improve mobility and orientation.
- Games (6)
- Games that are designed for the blind and visually impaired and games that are accessible for them.
- Internet Accessibility (20)
- Links to information on the Internet about the problems of people with a handicap accessing the Internet, what you and I can do about it and tools that help us to solve the accessibility problems of 90% of the web pages on the Internet
- Kids (1)
- Web sites for blind and bisually impaired kids.
- Low Vision Portals (15)
- There are no really Low Vision Portals, but here you find the better resources for low vision related information and support
- Magazines (1)
- Here you find links to magazines and e-zines on the Internet with information for sight impaired people
- Magnifiers (8)
- All kind of magnifiers, that make reading easier
- Online Manuals and Tutorials (2)
- Online Manuals, Tutorials and Courses on the Internet.
- Personal Stories (3)
- How it is to live with a disability in daily living?
Disabled and their relatives tell their personal story.
- Reading Software (9)
- These products are designed for sight impaired people to access printed material by using a scanner, OCR techniques, software based speech and or magnification techniques
- Regional (8)
- Here you can find links to information in your own country. Most of these links are non english.
- Relatives and Friends (3)
- Here you find web sites created by relatives and friends of Peter Verhoeven.
- Reviews (22)
- Reviews of Screen Magnifiers, Screen Readers, Reading Software and Text-to-Speech software.
- Screen Magnifiers (50)
- Screen Magnifiers for people having problems reading on their computer screen
- Screen readers (6)
- Screen Readers helps visually impaired people accessing the computer by speech and or braille display support.
- Shops (18)
- Here you find online shops where you can buy low vision related products like CCTV's, special keyboards, loupes, magnifiers etc..
- Speech Recognition (3)
- Use your voice instead of your keyboard as input device for your computer
- Telecommunication and Mobility (6)
- How can visualy impaired access Mobile Phones? How can technology to be used to improve mobility of visual impaired people?
- Text-To-Speech software (18)
- Text-Close your eyes and listen to your e-mail, documents and web pages with these programs